I’m sure you’ve experienced, those days where you just feel stuck and you’re drowning in your to-do lists.
Your mind feels incredibly busy but yet, you’re not being productive at all. I think we’ve all been there, I definitely have.
I have found that there are two things that help immensely on those days. They are:
- Eliminating distractions and focusing
Let’s dive deeper.
Spend time planning your day:
- Break your to-do list down into smaller lists (and only include things that must be done that day)
- Use time-blocking to schedule all tasks into your day (including time for your lunch and time outside)
By planning your day, you’ll be able to have a clear path to follow that will help you stay on track and ensure everything flows nicely.
- Turn off your phone
- Turn off your email notifications on your computer
- Close your door if needed
- If you can, work from an office
Eliminating all of the distractions allows you to stay focused on the task at hand.
We don’t live in an ideal world where we wake up each day feeling motivated and productive, so some day’s we need to push ourselves a little more than usual and that’s okay.